curfboard® – the ultimate surf experience on wheels
“We came from surfing and we never came so close!” NOW AVAILABLE!
Shipping to selected countries!
The curfboard is a sports equipment for persons 14 years and older (no children’s toys).Maximum load 100kg.
JT`s 1st ride on the curfboard®, Kauai-Hawaii
From The Down Under Chronicles - Cruizing The Beach
The Curfboard truck
a paradigm shift
Stephan and Jonas Augustin from Munich, Germany have developed a completely new surfskate truck which works without rubbers or springs and does not need to be adjusted by a kingpin screw on the rider’s weight or the driving characteristics. This is done now by gravity as the restoring force and thus it is self-regulating. Light weight or heavy riders, fast descents or radical turns, everything is now possible, spontaneous and with full control at any time. Due to this patented 4-hinge suspension this surfskate / carving truck is extremely well suited for pumping without pushing the board with your feet, but you can drive and even accelerate elegantly through the body movement like surfing or snowboarding, even uphill.
Beside being a radical sports product the curfboard® can also be used for relaxed urban commuting with a big smile on your face.
Advantages compared to existing Surfskate- and Carving trucks:
– lower distance to the ground
– perfect control and precise response
– no speed wobbles on front truck
– no wheel bites at radical turns
– no adjustment of rubbers or springs
– no wear and replacement of rubbers or springs
– less weight, total only 3,0 kg / 6,6 lbs
– self regulating depending on the riders driving style and weight
– easy conversion of existing boards
– no aditional distance plates at the rear truck
– high quality, design and engineering in Germany
The beauty of engineering and kinematics
Just in time before the Kickstarter launch, we received these great testimonilas from professionals in surfing and skateboarding testing the curfboard. Hey guys, thank you so much for your comments and support! Patrick Switzer and Michel Larronde.
Chris, surfer from Santa Barbara June 2017
KEEP ME UPDATED