Stephan and Jonas Augustin from Munich, Germany have developed a completely new skateboard truck which works without rubbers or springs and does not need to be adjusted by a kingpin screw on the rider’s weight or the driving characteristics. This is done now by gravity as the restoring force and thus it is self-regulating. Light weight or heavy riders, fast descents or radical turns, everything is now possible, spontaneous and with full control at any time. Due to this patented 4-hinge suspension this surfskate / carving truck is extremely well suited for pumping without pushing the board with your feet, but you can drive and even accelerate elegantly through the body movement like surfing or snowboarding, even uphill.
Beside being a radical sports product the curfboard® can also be used for relaxed urban commuting with a big smile on your face.
Advantages compared to existing Surfskate- and Carving trucks:
– lower distance to the ground
– perfect control and precise response
– no speed wobbles on front truck
– no wheel stopper at radical turns
– no adjustment of rubbers or springs
– no wear and replacement of rubbers or springs
– less weight
– self regulating depending on the riders driving style and weight
– easy conversion of existing boards
– no aditional distance plates at the rear truck
– high quality, design and engineering in Germany
The beauty of engineering and kinematics
Just in time before the Kickstarter launch, we received these great testimonilas from professionals in surfing and skateboarding testing the curfboard. Hey guys, thank you so much for your comments and support! Patrick Switzer and Michel Larronde.
Some quotes of surfers at the river wave in Munich.
Pre-Kickstarter test ride event at Olympia Park Munich.